The Wayback Machine - https://web.archive.org/web/20190413050245/https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikimedia-l/2017-September/088654.html

[Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Foundation Office Move

Jaime Villagomez jvillagomez at wikimedia.org
Thu Sep 21 01:06:02 UTC 2017

Hello,

The Wikimedia Foundation’s lease at 149 New Montgomery is expiring this
month. We announced our intention to move the Foundation to a new office
space in our published 2017-18 Annual Plan and are now pleased to pass
along some exciting news and important updates about our relocation to the
One Montgomery Tower in San Francisco, California.[1]

This new location is only a few blocks from our current office. The
building is a gold LEED Certified (Leadership in Energy and Environmental
Design) building,[2] allowing us to reduce our environmental footprint. We
will all be on the same floor supporting our office space priorities for
collaboration and reducing our square footage making the move cost neutral.

Our 149 New Montgomery office will be closed for two weeks (September 18 -
September 30) to finalize the move to this new space. During that time, The
San Francisco staff will be working remotely. The move team has spent the
last several months preparing and implementing a smooth transition with
minimal disruption to our work and responsibilities. We will reopen in the
new office space on October 2.

We have posted more information on Meta-Wiki about this new space and the
final move timeline:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_headquarters

Please allow me this opportunity to extend a special thank you to the
members of the Wikimedia Foundation staff, and particularly the Finance and
Facilities teams, who provided input during this process.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Montgomery_Tower

[2]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leadership_in_Energy_and_Environmental_Design#LEED_2009

Saludos,

Jaime

Jaime Villagomez
*Chief Financial Officer​ *
*Wikimedia Foundation*
*149 New Montgomery Street*
*San Francisco, CA 94105*
*415.839.6885  ext 6628 <415.839.6885%20%C2%A0ext%206628>*

sum of all knowledge. That's our commitment.Donate.
<https://donate.wikimedia.org/>*