Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bassexpander

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2022
can't tell yet on mine, but apparently most people are saying its destroying their phones?
My battery life seemed to go down quite a bit, but then I noticed that several apps I had set to not use background data were flipped on again to using background data. Also, my Wi-Fi is much slower to find the local free hotspots and my school’s Wi-Fi. It seems to find mine at home, but may be a bit slower. The success of Wi-Fi searching may also be eating my battery up. I’m running an 11 Pro. Battery saver mode helped tremendously.

Reactions: Abthevolfan92

Abthevolfan92

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 12, 2022
My battery life seemed to go down quite a bit, but then I noticed that several apps I had set to not use background data were flipped on again to using background data. Also, my Wi-Fi is much slower to find the local free hotspots and my school’s Wi-Fi. It seems to find mine at home, but may be a bit slower. The success of Wi-Fi searching may also be eating my battery up. I’m running an 11 Pro. Battery saver mode helped tremendously.
dang that is not good

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
This always happens immediately following an iOS software release. Wait a few days.

antiprotest

macrumors 68040
Apr 19, 2010
No effect on battery life on mine.

Just that all my notifications have gone into a dark hole and I stopped bothering to check them.

Maybe that's why battery life is pretty good?

Reactions: compwiz1202

eicca

Suspended
Oct 23, 2014
My 12 Mini seems to be better than 15.6.1, if anything. And it's only been a day.

Radeon85

macrumors 65816
Mar 16, 2012
South Wales, UK
Had no issues with battery life on my iPhone 13 Pro Max and Series 7 watch with the new OS, been using iOS 16 since beta 6 and Watch OS 9 since beta 6 and both batteries have been great.

jntdroid

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
This always happens immediately following an iOS software release. Wait a few days.

This. It's the same as restoring from an old backup. Even once the restore appears complete, the phone is evidently doing stuff in the background for awhile to get everything "set" correctly. I know that's very ambiguous language, but I've switched iPhones numerous times over the years, trying different versions, and restoring numerous backups, and this is extremely true. After a few days things settle in and your battery life should start behaving normal - at least normal for your usage.

Edit: Also, no battery issues for me either (iPhone SE 2022)

delsoul

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2014
My battery has been sinking like a rock. Usually I have 50% or so after a whole day's use. My battery dropped to 50% after only 4 hours off of the charger, no changes in habits or use. Come on, Apple

azhava

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2010
Arizona, USA
It's the same thing that happens after each and every new iOS release.

No problems on my 13 Pro, battery life is no different than it was before.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.