a few user reported their gatehub wallet been hacked and XRP sent to r9do2Ar8k64NxgLD6oJoywaxQhUS57Ck8k

yxxyun

2 minutes ago, kanaas said:

If so than probably their xrpchat account has to be hacked as they've been using it in less suspicious times (since 2015)

I don't think the xrpchat acct has been hacked, I just think that some random user comes on and confesses and gatehub responds quickly, just sounds to convenient for gatehub.  Don't get me wrong, I hope to god that everyone that has been affected by this hack gets repaid and the thieves get caught.

Hoping for all the victims this is not some kind of a sick joke/hoax.

I recommend that every victim that already filed a complaint with any law enforcement agency adds a copy of the statement of the 'suspect' to their case.

I would also urge any victim that did not file a complaint yet to do it as fast as possible. It doesn't matter if you lost a big or small amount but you'll need a case number to get your funds back if any funds are retrieved !

Edit:

If you don't know how to file a complaint, you can read my post on page 37 of this thread to give you a start. (Source: i'm an active LEO).

Edited by Bitrookie007
Add extra information

On 10/23/2019 at 12:59 AM, Gnosticplayers said:

Gatehub has its user database from 2017 stolen from an AWS S3 backup and I used the tokens to dump the API keys & decrypt them with AES. I needed the secret key which is the bcrypted password.

How did you break the bcrypt hashes?

1 hour ago, Milk said:

Only a small subset of the hashes was cracked. Otherwise the number of victims would be much much higher. My guess is password reuse and/or various wordlist attacks. Can be easily done with access to large private database dumps, which Gnosticplayers apparently has. He also has the resources to rent password cracking rigs.

Unfortunately you're just wrong. I'm in contact with gatehub, in constant contact with them.

You can now paint me the most ruthless crook and the most evil person the world have ever faced. You can say what you want, and say I'm the only one. You can now call me evil.

But worth telling you I strongly believe the case was backed and supported by authorities. I was despised and manipulated hacking databases by people who were openly using & despising me. By the way they were more than involved in the gatehub hack. Why ? Because azll of them took 80% of the profits and two of them took much more than me.

The hack was backed, but what I believe is what I believe after all. Why ? Because I believe much more crooks I wasn't even aware of manipulated me and they did a good job. If 1 == 1, then GateHub being headquatered in the UK is also true right ?

And if at3n, the man who was right and guessed how I hacked the wallets, asked me how I cracked the bcrypt hashes alone, then I would have answered to him, that he should look at a UK based hash cracking forum ( such as https://forum.hashkiller.co.uk/default.aspx ).

I said the following to gatehub:

(6:28:14 AM) outofreach@jabber.ua/320b732c-436b-4c63-82b2-8dcbb02448d6 chat.com/topic/31759-a-few-user-reported-their-gatehub-wallet-been-hacked-and-xrp-sent-to-r9do2ar8k64nxgld6ojoywaxqhus57ck8k/page/73/?tab=comments#comment-781084
(6:28:40 AM) outofreach@jabber.ua/320b732c-436b-4c63-82b2-8dcbb02448d6: at3n just said : "How did you break the bcrypt hashes?", it looks like strange to him, breaking bcrypt hashes so easily
(6:29:19 AM) outofreach@jabber.ua/320b732c-436b-4c63-82b2-8dcbb02448d6: maybe you should take a look at hash killer, a UK based forum doing it on request of users once they pay, without asking questions ? And if you don't find any more evidence just come at me and charge me of everything #justice

I said the following to gatehub and are fully aware of what's going on and what is really happening. My case is I believe really sad but I'll fight for the real crooks to be involved and face justice. All of them. Hashkillers members all tried without asking any questions. The owner was donated two bitcoin because his members cracked hashes. The gatehub hack funded the Biriths based hash killer forum. And they didn't even ask questions. Of course I am taking responsability for the technical hack, but now one thing is sure,; they were far from finding allm of us, and I would have been far from mental freedom.

That's the truth, and I hope someone will understand it.

I'm your best friend right now, in case you want justice really served.

I've talked to gatehub. But in my opinion, their investigation is far less finished. You will get your funds back, I really hope everything will be punished for everyone involved, and will now firecely fight for it

I just hope "most" of the medias will be fair telling what really happened. How can you really bring back someone to justice without having done a full and concrete investigation ? How can you openly speculate on his personality based on just few speeches ? Authorities supported this attack, or at least some of them. I am from Europe. My coconspirator is also from the same country. The man who stole most of the funds is from the UK, your own soil. But how can you speculate on the personality of someone, claiming it is good or bad, based on few claims ?

https://bitcoin-kurier.de/gatehub-hacker-meldet-sich-zu-wort-will-die-gestohlenen-xrp-zurueckgeben/

Great job, hope you're proud doing real justice. I really hope the victims, once refunded, will knowx what really happened and how their own government & countries disrespected them. After 5 month & given our location, they were far less from finding us. I indeed confessed because I believe I had the right to be told what I was dragged into. My conspirators didn't treat me with respect and dignity, so that's why I'll fight for everyone to get truth and justice. It will not be easy, to give you an idea, they were far from arresting anyone, even me.

See you and good luck to all of you ! I am not clearing myself from responsability. I am only allowing the case to move forward right now, if I had any bad intentions I wouldn't come here and admitting everything.

Everything will be fought and all of us will, I strongly hope, be held accountable for what we did.

Last but not least, it was not the crooks having been supported by gatehub. But something much more complicated, such as:

Various authorities supporting the crooks and not doing anything against them.

That's the truth. They could say I'm just once again crazy & everyone would once again forget what happened & the truth I fought for. Be sure this is not the justice I want to face. I want all people involved to pay for the crime. If I have the charges dropped (that would be fair, since despite having given clear evidences linking me to other known crooks, I'm being attacked and psychologically tortured by more involved people right now)

, and if I'm found killed under a bridge, then my life would not ben just. Because I what's being harder, for companies such as Canva, MyFitNessPal (under armour) investigating, and their hacker going unpunished ?

Same thing for you & for gatehub. I recognize what I did & will fight to proove I'm now dubbed crazy and will not face justice alone.

This is for you, it will be easy to make me work for the rest of my life, taking my funds out of a legitimate job & lock me up as a way to reimburse all of you. But I'll not accept it alone because I'm far from the only one involved in the spree. And in this case I don't think I'll be there again to give you the money I've stolen, back.

I once again said, if I wantnjustice (respect and dignity for once) for me, then you should know what is going on and what really happened/resulted. I know what most of you need now is all your funds. You'll have them back, but not from me facing alone the work of a lot of evil crooks, sometimes publicly acknowledged and well known.

I am already facing the huge music, and the problem will never be to face it more. I am willing to face justice, but as I already told gatehub, not just a judicial fantasy meant to harass me. All those involved should pay. From my co-conspirator who's also a criminal, to the british conspirator who's also a criminal, to hashkiller members who deleted my threads & evidences shortly after the end of the attack. ( I stopped attacking wallets on approximately June 15, once again, the ruthless british continued during 4+ month).

I can't face justice alone if investigators want to know what really happened. This world is so hypocrit ! I am considering they're capable of putting everything on me just because I came at you. But one thing is sure, I'm far from less worried being arrested, despite them ( authorities gatehub etc) having my full name, face and address. Some of them since month already. I'm far from worrying being arrested. It is so funny but that's the truth. And that's why you should consider my claims, unless of course I'm the only one paying for the world's mistakes, as always.

That's it. Truth has to be spoken or justice will not be served, for none of us