Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Music journalist Alex Gale has been named the new head of editorial for Apple Music, reports Variety. Gale has previously written for sites like Billboard, Complex, XXL, and Vibe.

Gale, who will work under Jen Robbins, the director of project management and editorial for Apple, will lead the team that's responsible for all written content on Apple's music platforms, including Apple Music, iTunes, Beats 1, and some video projects.

apple-music-generic-image-800x766.jpg

Written Apple Music content appears in interviews, Apple Music features, details on playlists, information on videos, album intros, and more.

News of Gale's hiring comes just after Apple announced that Apple Music has grown to 36 million total subscribers around the world, a six million increase from the 30 million the company reported in September of 2017.

Article Link: Apple Music Gets New Head of Editorial With Hiring of Music Journalist Alex Gale

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Well, no matter how many people Apple hire, J-Pop and anime songs will always be their black spot, let alone those "limited edition" songs.

johngordon

macrumors 68000
Apr 19, 2004
Beats Radio for example or my suggestions r full of hip hop stuff even tho i never clicked it on one of those genre bubbles

That the majority of stuff on Beats 1 is hip hop is a myth that has long since been debunked.

It’s one of those things that people seem to think is true by virtue of repeating the myth.

I know for a fact that I listen to a few shows on Beats 1 and hardly hear any hip hop.

tonyr6

macrumors 68000
Oct 13, 2011
Brooklyn NY
I quite often forget that Apple Music has Beats 1. Unlike other services they don't really shove it down my throat like other services might do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.