Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's latest Apple Pay promotion includes $1 tacos from Taco Bell when using Apple Pay to pay for an order in the Taco Bell app in the United States.

The new offer, which was highlighted in Apple Pay promotional emails sent out this afternoon, instructs users to redeem the discount through the Offers tab within the Taco Bell app.

tacobellapplepaypromo.jpg

Taco Bell is offering $1 tacos through May 29, with a total discount cap of $10. The $1 taco deal is valid for any crunchy or soft-seasoned beef taco per person. Beans can be swapped for beef, but no other product or ingredient upgrades can be added.

$1 tacos are only available through the Taco Bell app for pay ahead pickup orders when Apple Pay is used as the payment method. Delivery orders don't count, and the offer is redeemable one time and can't be combined with other offers.

The Apple Pay email also promotes other food apps that let you make orders ahead of time and use Apple Pay, including Jimmy John's Sandwiches, Panera Bread, and Ritual.

Article Link: New U.S. Apple Pay Promo Offers $1 Tacos From Taco Bell

Unity451

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2011
California
I love the relationship between the nutrition and cost of food at Taco Bell.

As the cost goes down so does the nutrition!

TACO BELL: Come try our new Loaded Nacho Taco! It's like our normal indigestion-causing soft taco that you already love... but we then add deep-fried tortilla chips that have been died red by the same stuff we use to paint the curbs outside... then in addition the shredded cheese already on it, we add generous amount of nacho cheese that was freshly scooped out of a dented tin can stored on a shelf with spiders. Only $1.

I mean... it's delicious, but still...

Last edited:

Chambers McMac

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2015
Springdale Vermont
I love the relationship between the nutrition and cost of food at Taco Bell.

As the cost goes down so does the nutrition!

TACO BELL: Come try our new Loaded Nacho Taco! It's like a normal soft taco, but we then add deep-fried tortilla chips that have been died red by who knows how much artificial dye and then in addition the shredded cheese already on it, we add generous amount of nacho cheese that was freshly scooped out of a tin can stored on a shelf.

I mean... it's delicious, but still...

So bad but so so good. Every time I used to eat there I would have to buy a gallon of water to wash it down.

tmiw

macrumors 68030
Jun 26, 2007
San Diego, CA
BTW, rumor has it that NFC will be enabled in-store next month. Although I will say that online ordering (as a general concept) is convenient, especially when the food is ready right when you get there.

Reactions: konqerror

keithdoc

macrumors member
Nov 23, 2016
$1 Taco Bell?
A new low in so many ways

Some things you just can't find on the interwebz . . . we are now all doomed to a history that will repeat itself, if we don't do a better job of pointing you in the right direction.

Here's a HINT: "59, 79, 99 cent MENU"

duervo

macrumors 68020
Feb 5, 2011
Avoiding the line when ordering is good.

Avoiding the line on the way to the bathroom afterwards is better.

Reactions: keithdoc

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
This makes me feel old. I remember sneaking out of high school with my friends to eat at Taco Bell and I think the crunchy tacos were $0.49 and the soft tacos were $0.59. They might have been $0.10 higher, can’t remember.

This also makes me really hungry. Taco Bell is clearly garbage but also my guilty pleasure. IDK why, it makes no sense. And yes, I’ve had good tacos. I will go out of my way for good tacos. But sometimes you just gotta be a little trashy, especially late at night when nothing is open. I’m so tempted to get some right now but I’ve been on a diet for the past month and hitting it hard with my Apple Watch and have lost over 15lbs so I can’t ruin it now! This sounds so good though.

Anarchy99

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2003
CA
its a bummer this didnt work in Canadian Taco Bell's even tried with my US Apple Account/ApplePay with American Creditcard.

wasn't expecting it too, but it was worth a shot

FairlyKors

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2018
Staines, East London
An Apple forum making fun of Taco Bell? Color me surprised

Making fun? Your body can only process that heavy toxic load from the age of 18 to 35. It’s not an issue of snobbery at all... it’s a matter of caring about what you put in your body. It is snobbish not to smoke meth? A friend of mine used to audit a cattle farm when he worked for Deloitte and he got a look at the type of beef they sold to Taco Bell. Actually, I’m not sure if it was legally beef, but that definition is pretty wide.

Anyway, it’s not just the meat they cut every possible corner on, what’s surely more dangerous also the chemicals they put in their ingredients to make it last in a hot car for 3 days and not “poison” you. Or the crazy chemical cocktail that’s designed to remind you of real beef and real cheese.

I remember eating Taco Bell when I was young, dumb and drunk on the weekends. I’m not turning my nose up at those people. But, you get a little older and you just *can’t* eat that stuff if you have any desire to live hopefully free of disease to a reasonable age.

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
I may be showing my age, but it doesn't seem like too long ago that a regular Taco Bell taco was under $1 as the regular price. I remember $0.79 tacos from not too long ago, and $0.59 tacos from when I was a teenager. What is the standard price now?

Reactions: Howyalikdemapls

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
Internet in general is full of the self righteous and especially here.
Half the top posts probably eat there all the time but claim not to on the internet.
I know alot of ppl like this in real life. Alot of ppl will make fun of a fast food places, Walmart etc. And these same ppl spend their money there in real life. lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.