Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

In late August, a new accessory brand called Nimble emerged from a trio of former Mophie employees, offering customers various charging devices that are all built and shipped with a focus on the environment and sustainability.

nimble-review-33.jpg

Led by Ross Howe (Nimble CEO), Jon Bradley (creative director), and Kevin Malinowski (brand marketing), Nimble's lineup of accessories remains modest two months in, focusing specifically on a collection of eight wireless chargers and portable chargers. Over that period of time I've had the chance to use all of Nimble's products, and while there are a few issues with the lineup, it's clear that quality over quantity takes precedence at Nimble.

Design

Specifically, Nimble sells four portable chargers, four wireless chargers, and three accessories, and a few of the same design elements emerge across the device lineup.

nimble-review-12.jpg

Nimble names the portable chargers by estimating about how long you'll be able to get battery out of them: a 3-Day (10,000 mAh, $49.95), 5-Day (13,000 mAh, $59.95), 8-Day (20,000 mAh, $69.95), and 10-Day (26,800 mAh, $99.95). Each of these includes a magnetic attachment for cable management, a USB-A to USB-C cable, and the 10-Day Portable Charger throws in an AC adapter brick.

nimble-review-1.jpg

For the wireless chargers, Nimble sells a Wireless Pad ($39.95), Wireless Dual Pad ($49.95), Wireless Stand ($49.95), and Wireless Travel Kit ($59.95). Individually, you can buy a Dual USB Wall Charger ($19.95), USB Wall Charger ($12.95), and USB-C Cable 2-Pack ($12.95-$17.95).

nimble-review-19.jpg

Each Nimble product is built in partnership with a supplier that uses recycled aluminum, plant-based bioplastics, organic hemp, and other naturally occurring materials to ensure that the company's production has less of an impact on the planet. When packaged, Nimble uses boxes made of 100 percent recycled scrap paper that has no harmful inks, plastics, or dyes.

Click here to read more...

Article Link: Review: Nimble's Wireless and Portable Chargers are Reliable and Beautifully Designed

NoahK17

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2009
Westeros
I can't recommend the Nimble Wireless Stand charger for a couple of reasons.

1. The kickstand is very difficult to pull open, requiring a third-party object (knife or pen) to pry open the stand.
2. There is no stability when placing or removing a phone from the device; it's a two hand job every time and more often than not, you'll knock it over when picking up your phone.

I ended up tossing the entire Wireless Stand charger in the trash and never looked back. But as always YMMV.

NimbleforGood

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2018
Costa Mesa, CA
the answer is likely NOPE. havent seen anything really charge the Apple Watch on a flat surface
can it wirelessly charge an apple watch?

It cannot. The Apple Watch doesn't wirelessly charger with most chargers. We'd recommend our Wireless Pad or Wireless Stand to wirelessly charge your phone, and use the extra USB-A to plug in your Apple Watch to charge. Enjoy!

earthTOmitchel

Contributing Editor
Staff member
Mar 6, 2015
Louisiana

1. The kickstand is very difficult to pull open, requiring a third-party object (knife or pen) to pry open the stand.
2. There is no stability when placing or removing a phone from the device; it's a two hand job every time and more often than not, you'll knock it over when picking up your phone.

I ended up tossing the entire Wireless Stand charger in the trash and never looked back. But as always YMMV.
That definitely was not my experience, my kickstand was super easy to lock and unlock. But I agree on the instability note.

hop

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2008
Only 18W maximum USB-PD on even the biggest one? Both the Anker 13400 Switch Edition, and the ZMI QB820 do better than that (25, and 45W respectively). Like the PBC side of stuff but the actual specs don't seem so competitive :(.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
There was recent review on the Mophie laptop battery which I said that one of the advantages of Mophie is they have excellent no-hassle warranty. My question would should we expect the same kind of warranty from Nimble?

Also one of the annoyances with some of these products is that grippy rubber that attracts dust and you can't even wipe it with a cloth since it'll just attract more dust and lint.

I can't find the FTC required disclaimer of paid promotion in this post...

If you read the review, you'd see on the very bottom there is a disclaimer that MacRumors received the products for free and received no other compensation.

mdwsta4

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2007
I remember seeing these a few months ago. While I have no need for a 4th battery, they do look really good. It's a shame the travel kit wireless charger isn't also a battery pack. I'd love to get a 10000 mah battery that looks like this and also charges my phone wirelessly. Could leave it on my coffee table for anyone to charge their phone a bit without having to worry about any cables.

NimbleforGood

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2018
Costa Mesa, CA
There was recent review on the Mophie laptop battery which I said that one of the advantages of Mophie is they have excellent no-hassle warranty. My question would should we expect the same kind of warranty from Nimble?

Also one of the annoyances with some of these products is that grippy rubber that attracts dust and you can't even wipe it with a cloth since it'll just attract more dust and lint.

Hey there! While we hope you'll never need it, we do offer hassle-free returns and warranty exchanges: https://www.gonimble.com/pages/return-warranty-policy

In our testing to date, the grip does not attract dust (even after being cleaned) but does hold a solid grip without compromise.
[doublepost=1542760863][/doublepost]

Definitely not the intended experience, Noah. We wish we would've had the ability to return, replace or recycle it for you. We appreciate the feedback and will continue to keep an ear open as we evolve our product line.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.